:: Click here to view
Installation Procedure for R & D Flexible Couplings
1. Roughly align engine and stern gear without flexible coupling i.e. only two rigid half couplings pushed together.
2. Bolt 'R&D Marine' coupling between the two rigid couplings. Tightening details as below.
3. Check alignment of engine by placing feeler gauges between the RED CONE HEADED BOLT and the rigid half coupling. Repeat for the SAME bolt at 90° intervals by rotating the shaft.
4. If the gap is the same in all four positions, the engine is accurately aligned. Recommended minimum to maximum gap difference: 0.25mm 0.010"
5. Run installation to bring engine compartment to working temperature. Re-check torque settings.
Recommended torque settings for lubricated threads (light oil)
3/8 UNF - 40 Nm 30 lbs ft M10 - 61 Nm 45 lbs ft 7/16 UNF - 81 Nm 60 lbs ft M12 - 108 Nm 80 lbs ft
1/2 UNF - 100 Nm 75 lbs ft 5/8 UNF - 210 Nm 155 lbs ft 3/4 UNF - 366 Nm 270 lbs ft
'R & D Marine' Earthing Connectors consists of a Silver impregnated ribber strip, which when fitted through the axis of the coupling between the two fail safe straps gives electrical continuity, R & D have sizes to fit all 910 series couplings.
Installation Procedure for R & D Earthing Connectors
1. While carrying out the following procedure, ensure that the connector is not contaminated by grease or dirt.
2. Before fiiting the coupling into the drive train, remove 2 off bolts holding one of the fail safe straps.
3. Remove the fail safe strap to uncover the hole in the center of the coupling.
4. Roll up the earthing connector (lengthways) as tight as possible.
5. Push into the hole previously uncovered by removing the strap as far as possible.
6. Replace the fail safe strap ensuring that the connector is not damaged, replace 2 off bolts.
7. Fit the coupling as per the installation instructions.
8. Check electrical continuity on installation and thereafter at three to six month intervals.
|R & D Marine Earthing Connector Application Guide|
||To suit Coupling|
||910-001, 002, 007, 013, 014, 019, 020|
||910-004, 005, 012|
||910-003, 006, 009|
||910-017, 018, 025, 026|
||910-015, 016, 022, 024|